Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Clean Teeth

Yours was only a sunny smile, but it scattered the night and little it cost in the giving; like morning light, and made the day worth living.
unknown


HAPPY 9th ANNIVERSARY TO CATHY & THEO!

Dentist appointment at 8 a.m. WOW! What a difference. Thanks to the Great Dentists and Hygienists...I am ready for a Crest whitestrip commercial. I started thinking about what it would be like to be a dental hygienist. Of course, this all happened while I was sitting in the chair under the influence of the "gas." Do they really look at the inside of people's mouths all day? Seems kind of gross but I suppose you could get use to it. I just don't get how people decide they would like to do that for a living. Don't get me wrong...I have the utmost respect for them. They are great at what they do and are very friendly to my choppers...or is it chompers?

So, last night Mr. Wonderful and I had an amazing dinner at Bonefish where the most delicious mussels in the world are served. GO THERE AND TRY THEM! The bread is what kills you because ya gotta soak up the delicious sauce. While we were eating, I heard a voice come from another table that sounded familiar. I looked over and there was a girl I went to high school with years ago. I believe she was in my brother's graduating class. Her voice, more than her look, is so memorable. It's one of those high pitched sounds that pierces the drums. I noticed she was celebrating her husband's birthday and possibly her mother's. They had desserts served to them with candles and sang the birthday song. Then, I observed the manager exchanging words about a "miscommunication" and before they knew it, he snootily suggested that he'd pay for the desserts and walked away. Her face was full of shock. This whole thing went on as we were finishing up. As we were leaving, the husband was explaining to the server, who I'm sure was doing whatever he could to protect his tip, that he just couldn't believe how "unprofessional" the manager was. Not sure what ended up happening...I think they got two free desserts! Ain't nothing wrong with that BUT ya just hate to have it potentially spoil a nice evening with your loved ones. I always learned in the restaurant business to take care of your people. It's Bonefish so I am sure the number of disgruntled guests is very small.

Education is key. I found myself in a very ackward situation because I didn't know any better...professionally speaking, of course. It was funny how the parties involved reacted but I certainly don't like to not know who I am talking to and what it's all about. It's been handled and hopefully won't create a problem.

Tonight is GILMORE GIRLS! Jesse is back...Should be interesting for Rory and Loralei. My be-frie, will be missing the beginning. We usually talk during the commericals. We literally hang up on each other at the end of each break and then call back during the next one.

Amy is the girl that does my nails...She's pregnant -- 3 months now. YAY for Amy! The only challenge is her schedule is super erratic now. Never know when she's going to be here. Those of you who don't know how hard it is to find the perfect nail tech, you wouldn't really understand. I am sure it will all work out...I just need to process. Oh, I am such a girl sometimes!!

For now, I must go...Tonight, I am really getting my nails and toes done. It's time baby, it's time!




No comments: