Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Applause without prompting

There is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.
J. Robert Moskin

The pace of life can make us blur what's important. We are all very busy, that's for sure. But somehow we must always make time for gratitude and new beginnings. There are moments in life when you appreciate someone so much that you just want to stop and applaud them. "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it," said William Ward, "is like wrapping a present and not expressing it." Is there a teacher, leader or mentor whose wisdom or guidance may have changed the trajectory of your life? Is there a customer who believed in you, a colleague who stood with you, a volunteer who served with you, an employee who moved mountains for you, or a friend who laughed or cried with you? Sometimes we can't express exactly how we feel about them, but there's one thing we can do: we can stop and let them know we are grateful.
Dave Zadra, author of the book Gratitude
Today has been very productive and a complete collaboration with people who I work with every day and people in the community who I enjoy working with to make things happen. So appreciative for so many things!!

Off to the mall and to Geri's for a catch up session. I want to be home in time for Gilmore Girls so I can call the be frie. Now, that's a person I appreciate and love soooo much!!!


Be Frie and Eli - July 2004 with me at my wonderful bridal shower that they hosted.

Eli is super cool! A woman who can make quilts and loves green as much as I do.

No comments: