Monday, May 01, 2006

choose something positive


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" Actually, who are you not be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Today I walked through an immigration march in downtown Orlando while trying to get back to my office. I didn't really get what they were yelling in spanish as thousands of people walked past me but I got that they were feeling strong because they had each other. I was moved by the togetherness. When something is important to you, you tend to rally your friends and get them involved in whatever it is. It can be something as small as where to go for lunch or as big as a walk for world peace. Either way, you stand for something stronger, when you have other people there holding your hand and cheering you on. It's important to remember this as you're "word vomiting" about something or someone you don't like. We have a choice, it's such a powerful one, to either be something positive or be something negative in the world. I wrote a few posts ago about ridding yourself of toxic people, I guess I just want to make sure that I'm not one of them.

No comments: