Monday, August 07, 2006

moonday, no jellies

have you ever seen a moon jelly? spent my day at the beach yesterday and refused to go deep into the water because of the awful possibility of getting stung by a jelly fish. oh! the thought just makes makes my skin crawl.

you know how they say you can't really fear what you know...well, i am afraid of this. jellies are all over the place and over a year ago, i blindly swam through a bunch of them while snorkeling while my dear teddy scuba dived down in the keys. i lived, of course, but next time, the boat may be the place for me.

have you ever been stung? jelly? bee?

1 comment:

Fairy Tales and Fireflies said...

I got stung by a jellyfish. Actually I've been stung twice but the time I remember was when I was at Myrtle Beach with my family. That sucker wrapped his tentacles around my armpit. You could see the swirl for days and it hurt to put my arm down! Meat tenderizer is the cure.