I am the one who enjoys being with friends. I love their support, conversations, joys, sorrows and thoughtfulness. Friends are a powerful part of personal growth. I cherish all of them for who they are and who they help me to be each day. I love friends because they love me for ME. Each friend is different and amazing in their own way which makes having friends a great adventure.
Great book -- the Power of a Positive Friend...Here's what I know about girlfriends according to Karol Ladd and Terry Ann Kelly:
- Girlfriends keep your children and keep your secrets.
- Girlfriends give advice when you ask for it. Sometimes you take it, sometimes you don't.
- Girlfriends don't always tell you that you're right, but they're usually HONEST.
- Girlfriends still love you, even when they don't agree with your choices.
- Girlfriends might send you a birthday card, but they might not. It doesn't matter in the least.
- Girlfriends laugh with you, and don't need canned jokes to start the laughter.
- Girlfriends pull you out of jams.
- Girlfriends don't keep a calendar that lets them know who hosted the other last.
- Girlfriends are there for you, in an instant and truly, when the hard times come.
- Girlfriends LISTEN when you lose something important to you.
- Girlfriends LISTEN when you get your heart broken.
- Girlfriends LISTEN when you fail yourself or others.
- Girlfriends BLESS your life.
Once we were young with no idea of the incredible joys or the incredible sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other.
Here's to all of my girlfriends!