Saturday, July 14, 2007

Inspiration Friday in NYC

Slept in a little and had a nice big breakfast before heading out into the city. Took the subway from Union Square to Time Square to check on the show tickets. Afterward, I headed to MOMA for the first time and was absolutely in awe. I was so inspired and so humbled and so aware of how much creativity is available to everyone. It makes me ask the question too about WHAT IF Monet or Richard Serra decided that their idea wasn't any good and chose not to express it on canvas or through sculpture? Total tragedy...


On my way to the subway...Union Square.

Inside MOMA from the 5th floor looking down on the second. This place was amazing...hence, the following art pieces that are displayed there:




Dan Perjovschi
Soli got back to the hotel at about 5:30 from her conference and we headed out with 24/7 to a few places. Really nice people and enjoyed being out and about...

Soli and I at Bar 13 on Friday the 13th!
Soli and her peeps from 24/7
The most intense 23 year old ever...Hope he made it to his date!
In the cab on our way to the Meatpacking District to eat at buddha-bar. So good...It was so good. I took photos of our food below. Mind you, it was much better in person but I tell you it was well worth the trip to eat and hang out in this restaurant.


We ended up stopping in a place called Revel...It reminded me of Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans. There was a garden in the back...Pat O's is much better but we stayed for a little bit and took in the social scene and then headed back in a cab to the hotel.

No comments: