Wednesday, September 06, 2006

best things

The present moment is where life can be found. And if you don't arrive there, you miss your appointment with life. You don't have to run anymore. Breathing in, we say, "I have arrived." Breathing out, we say, "I am home."
~Thich Nhat Hanh

Some of the best things of the day since I last posted:

Friday: cats in the car

Saturday: sleeping in, more dreams for me

Sunday: walking into a mess on Hawthorne and being a part of the transformation, soaking in the tub and reading a hundred pages of the latest page turner

Monday: having a thank you moment with Mr. J, holding my nephew who is the most beautiful baby in the world, seeing my brother

Tuesday: red velvet cake

Wednesday: finding trish's old lipstick box in the junk drawer. remembering how much she loved it and how i would make special trips to the mall to find it for her.

**************

Find the best in every moment, every person. There's good for each of us packaged in a gift box full of life and wrapped in time.

Today, I received Jennifer W.'s newsletter. How can you not love her? She is a fabulous writer who comes across so personable. Seriously, I feel like she's one of my best girlfriends.

Strangely today and mostly Monday, I feel for Terry. He has no idea what he's missing...

No comments: