Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend at the Ritz in Naples

So, I finally got to stay at a Ritz Carlton. Beautiful! So enjoyed the entire facility...the room, the pool, the meeting space. Everything was first class. I don't know if I will be able to stay anywhere else. Of course, I can't afford to stay at the Ritz unless it's at a majorly discounted rate like this trip but it's nice to suggest how difficult it will be to book anywhere else.

The free time in Naples at the District Conference was minimal. I did, however, take advantage of the pool before I left for Cape Coral. I finally got to peruse the Wall Street Journal and New York Times that was left on my door that morning. There was someone to make sure you had towels and someone else who made sure you had water or whatever else. There was a guy playing guitar by the pool to pre-recorded music. It was a nice touch. While I was on the phone with Joy, I kept saying that I don't think I could ever leave.

Believe it or not, my favorite part, as much as I rave about the Ritz, was not the hotel and all of its wonderful accommodations but rather the connections I made with a few of the attendees of the conference. Andrea and her husband of six years, Joe, was there for the weekend. I went to dinner with them on Friday night at EVOO. They were such a joy to be around and talk to...Of course, I have consistently enjoyed Andrea's company at meetings, breakfasts, events, etc. but this is the first time we've really gotten to spend some quality time together. She and Joe are just great. I kept thinking that Ted would've enjoyed being there too but he stayed back to take care of our diabetic cat. In addition to Andrea and Joe, I also got to see Geri briefly and Annetta. Allison from Ft. Lauderdale...Sarah from soccer...her friend Nicole. It was a very good networking experience. Well worth the trip!

I stopped by and had dinner with my mom on the way home. I got to see her creativity taking center stage in the kitchen. It's been awhile since I had been down to CC so it was a nice visit.

Happy to be back in Longwood and enjoying a nice Sunday with Ted and the koo's. They are my home which is why I love being there.

No comments: