Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bowling with My High School Bowling Captain


Tina and I have been friends since we were baby girl's age. She was my first real friend outside of my cousins. We played together for hours, got in trouble too many times to count and learned a lot about how to deal with our brothers...She has three, to my one. Every Saturday, Tina's family had to go bowling. I remember this being a very inconvenient weekly occurrence per my "best friend playtime plans." Because of the commitment to bowling, she went on to be the captain of our high school bowling team and then even 16 years later, can walk into a bowling alley and hit more pins than most without any effort and a ball defect. Love this girl! It makes me so happy that we're still in touch and we can now enjoy watching our kids play together, get in trouble maybe a lot less than we did and how to deal with their cousins and future siblings.

No comments: