Thanks to BeFrie, we compiled the following list for a friend of mine that may be helpful to you as well if you're traveling to ATL:
1. ENJOY THE TRAFFIC! There's been some construction but my friend said they'll probably break for the weekend which will help.
2. STONE MOUNTAIN (especially the SKY HIKE - My Best friend
What is Stone Mountain Park?
Celebrating its 50th anniversary, Stone Mountain Park is a green oasis where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together. Listed in Frommer's 500 Places to Visit with Your Kids Before They Grow Up and cited by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as one of "35 Natural Wonders in Georgia You Must See Before You Die," Stone Mountain Park is located just 16 miles east of downtown Atlanta. The five square mile park is Georgia's most visited attraction. Home to the world's largest piece of exposed granite, Stone Mountain Park offers a variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation.
3. AQUARIUM - Will be super busy but you'll love it.
4. COKE MUSEUM - You're already doing this and you'll enjoy it.
5. RU SANS (SUSHI) - Good stuff and fun (very loud) atmosphere. Lots of different kinds of sushi. Pretend it's your mother-in-law's birthday. They do a big deal over the microphone. So fun! 1529 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324-5000, Phone: (404) 875-7042
6. SURIN'S THAI BOWL - Love the Coconut Soup here. Be
sure to get it. The panang sauce is like a dessert.
(404) 892-7789 - Virginia-Highland, 1044 Greenwood Ave NE, Atlanta, GA
30306 (this is one of my favorite areas in ATL. There's shopping and an Irish pub called Murphy's. Also, you can paint pottery too in a cool pottery shop. The pottery place allows food, wine, whatever while you paint.
7. The Flying Biscuit - several locations. Southern cuisine meets vegetables. Sounds strange but highly recommended.
8. The Chocolate Bar - My friend has not been to this yet but she's heard good things about it and it looks like you would too.
9. Atlantic Station - for Shopping. There's also the FORUM -- http://www.forumdevgroup.com/peachtenant.html. Nice malls are Lenox (http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=207) and Phipps
(http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=210) and some awesome outlets at Discovery Mills -- http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1241.
10. Atlanta Braves game...Not sure if they're playing but there's nothing more ATL than when the Braves play.
A good web site to check out prior to your trip --http://www.mapatlanta.com/atlanta_eat.html.