Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend, out!

Mr. Wonderful and I got up extra early to go to our appointments with one of our favorite people to see -- Jennifer Balestri. She is our massage therapist and someone who has become a part of our family. There are people in this world who are doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing and she is one of them. She has the touch of healing and of comfort. We had tried to get appointments earlier in the week for anniversary #3 but didn't make it since I decided to twist my ankle and was unable to walk and could not imagine letting someone actually touch anywhere near my left foot. So, we went on Saturday and it was one of the highlights on my week/month/year. Mr. W. was there for the first hour or so and then I went in. With my injury, she knew exactly what to do and I even shed a few tears as she was lightly touching my foot. "That feels amazing," I said to Jennifer. She is amazing and has been so good for Mr. Wonderful.

After a relaxing morning, we headed to Melbourne to see R&H tie the Knot. R&H both play soccer and not that the VooDoo Posse put them together but I certainly think we helped bring them closer. Believe it or not, they both played on Wednesday night and helped us win our first game (4-1). The wedding was great. The reception was fun and their favors were cute and personal. We got to spend a lot of time with Nathan and Laura from Australia(other VooDoo teammates) and I did the cha cha slide standing still (not as easy as you think). We got home around 9 that evening and were both exhausted.

On Sunday, we headed to Jax to celebrate Fab Father-in-law's Birthday. Took him to lunch after church and had great dessert with his friend, Tina. She baked a pecan pie and a cherry cobbler. It was sooooo good. I really should learn how to bake but I think it would be the death of me and my already dessert filled hips. :-) After lunch and dessert, we talked for a few hours with ffil and then headed home. It's these very conversations and visits that make me so grateful. It helps me remember that I have so many wonderful people around me who have beautiful stories and great thoughts and so much love to offer the world.

It was a weekend of celebration and of reflection and of thanks for all that has been, all that is and all that will be.

No comments: