Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Summer Camps @ Sweetwater


I can't help but share the above photo from the summer of this great group of tweens and the incredibly talented Shannon Kidwell also known as Fit Piglet. As soon as the camp came available, my 10yo was signed up in less than a minute. There is just something so special about this experience not because it has all the latest gadgets, games and technology but because it offers an opportunity for kids to be here now. My favorite thing besides her increased awareness and offer to help with things that week was the time they spent writing their thoughts and feelings about the world. She shared a lot of her thoughts with me which for a mom who loves to write was such an awesome moment. It's easy as a parent to forget that in addition to the stuff kids are doing all the time - school, sports, hobbies, events - that in the middle of all of it is an actual person who has their own voice and are so intuitive. Love that camp brought a lot of positive moments for her and a reminder for me to listen more and to stop and see more.

Learning as I go,

No comments: