Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Advisory Board

Today I went to The Salvation Army Orlando Area Command's Advisory Board meeting. I was invited as a guest of the Vice Chair who is trying to fill some openings on the board. I know the organization very well and enjoy helping when and where I can with their mission of serving others. We were invited to tour the Catherine Booth Towers. What I find amazing about programs like the CBT is that they have been around for years and are operating every day in an effort to fulfill a need for the senior population. It makes me ask the question, "What efforts are being made that are making a difference in other people's lives that you don't even know about?" I guess I feel like there is so much to complain about in the world today but then getting an opportunity to see what's happening at organizations like The Salvation Army helps me see that there is good in the world and it's available for all of us to be a part of and one way to help is to tell everyone about it.

No comments: