Sunday, January 06, 2008

for the mom-to-be side of me

Today, I shopped for the first time for maternity clothes. The other day China girl and I checked out a couple of places but I decided to wait and go it alone when trying things on...so, I did it! Found quite a few things that I thought didn't look all pregnant and even though I'm still not really showing in a big way yet, I felt it was time to bite the bullet and get a few things as I do grow, grow, grow. So, after thoroughly perusing the racks as I so often do (in other non-maternity stores), I found quite a few things I wanted to try on. In the dressing room, there was one of those fake bellies. Of course, I put it on and thought it was upside down and then I changed it and it looked even more ridiculous. Whatever! After about a half an hour or so, I left with a couple bags of stuff that I feel will take me through to the end. There's only about four months to go so I didn't want to overdo it. Overall, it was a decent experience. I thought it might be dreadful since it's not along my regular retail stops but as it turns out, this is one of the best times in my life and to know that there are cute clothes to go along with it, makes me very happy.

No comments: